Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Looking For A Place To Sleep?









I'm not sure if you can see the bear. We aren't exactly sure how to "zoom" on our camera.



Well, anyway, Ray and I pulled into the driveway the other day after work and as we were getting out of cars he glanced across the street and said "Go get the camera!" I looked over and saw the back end of the bear going behind one of our neighbor's outside storage buildings.

Ray tried to get as close as he could without getting into any trouble with Mr. Bear!

I guess the bear decided he was finished at the neighbors so he strolled across the road and went through the bottom part of our yard and headed back to the pine trees. I'm thinking he's looking for a place to sleep! When do they hibernate? Soon I hope! We have gone through MANY bird feeders and have picked up our garbage that was spread throughout the yard the last couple of months.
I know, I know, why keep buying bird feeders! I love to wake up in the morning and hear the birds singing and I love to wash my dishes and look out the kitchen window and watch them enjoying their birdseeds. It's a "no win" situation I guess - the beauty of living in the country!






2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh how cool is that the closest thing to wildlife I see round here is the hamsters. I followed your link to check out your blog - I absolutely adore the Sesame street card - wee are big fans - love it.

Tracy said...

OMG!!! that is so cool and scary!! We dont have anything like that over here in NZ.