Friday, September 26, 2008

My week

Well, I certainly had a very exciting week! Let me tell you a little bit about it -- one day at a time!!!!

Monday - I had a SU workshop at Deb Kashi's. We had a wonderful time! So much fun and some new faces to learn about stampin' and scrappin'. It was great to see the stampers that returned from previous workshops and events. Betty, Laurie, Carol, Toni, Vicki, Sandi were rookies. The new faces were Connie and Wendy. Connie is a "red hatter" and Wendy is a busy mom. So much fun girls - thanks for the great night!
Wednesday - Weatherly Club had their first get-together at my house. We did "mystery hostess" and guess who the "mystery hostess" was? Danielle - my daughter. It was fair - we put tickets in a basket and Ray came down and pulled the winning ticket. Weatherly club welcomed two new members - Sue and Jessy. I think we broke them in the first night - lots of laughing and we had loads of fun.
Thursday - My good friends, the Hauto Club girls, offered to teach me how to make a "serenity" bracelet. I always wanted to learn how to make bracelets (another addiction I guess I'll have to venture into). Deb talked about this bracelet and I asked her if I could buy one from her and she suggested I make one myself since it was going to be a gift for my daughter. She said she thought it would make it more special if I made it myself for her so.........I ventured on down over the other side of the hill and I had my "bracelet lesson". IT WAS GREAT!!!!! On my way home I went through my first sobriety checkpoint. Got to Hometown intersection at 309 and turned at the red light to head north on 309 and all I see were headlights facing me and tailights in front of me ----- cars, cars, trucks, and more cars. Almost looked like a parking lot ---- I truly thought there must have been a terrible accident and thankfully there wasn't. Got up a little bit closer and considered turning down the road and scooting through the little development to get back on 209 and head toward Nesquehoning and come up over the Broad Mountain BUT the St. Clair police cruiser had the road blocked - there was no trying to get out of the mess. Finally I saw the sign "Sobriety Check Point" and thought oh well, I guess I need to get through this. Of course, I didn't have my seat belt on so I scurried around to try to find that and get it all situated and pulled up to the nice policeman and he asked me where I was going, where I was coming from, what did I do tonight ------ I know he was checking my speech, smelling to see if there were any odors, etc. and the two cops on the other side of the car were shining their flashlights in the car to check for any evidence ---- of course, there was none!!!! When the nice policeman asked me what I did tonight I told him - I even asked him if he wanted to see the Serenity bracelet I made for my daughter and he said, "sure" so I took it out of my pocket and showed him. He shook my hand, said he was glad to talk to me and to have a good night. My first checkpoint - wow - 7:45 p.m. I couldn't believe it!
Friday - My brother-in-law, who is a computer genius in my eyes, was here and added more RAM to our computer. Then while I had him here, I decided to take advantage of him. Yes, I said take advantage of him! I had him show me some things to do on the computer that I just haven't been able to master on my own. I'm not a person who can read instructions or directions and figure out what to do --- I'm much better at show me and I can do it. We had a crash course in "computering for dummies" ----- I'm so excited and that's probably why I'm on here right now because I'm practicing.

No comments: